tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jord Sonneveld" <Jord.Sonnev...@eoncompany.com>
Subject RE: BIZZAR Caching Problem !!
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:15:44 GMT
Hey,

That is quite odd. Let me get this right:

-You have a .jsp which refers to a.inc
-You call .jsp from a browser
-Tomcat generates .java, and then .class, and .java refers to a.inc
-Browser displays .jsp, with a.inc

Now:

-You change your .jsp to refer to b.inc
-You delete the generated .class and .java files
-You refresh the .jsp
-Tomcat re-generates .java and .class files from your .jsp

Now, you are saying that the newly generated .java file refers to a.inc?

Perhaps tomcat is de-compiling the .java from the class in memory :)

Are your .jsp files mounted over NFS or any other remote file system?

j\s

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahed Ali [mailto:shahed@enoor.com]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 11:44 AM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: BIZZAR Caching Problem !!

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 w/Sun JDK 1.3 on Solaris 8 + Apache 1.3.14 +
mod_jk

Now here is my problem.

I have a jsp page with an include to refer to file a.inc.
I change the include to refer to another file (b.inc)

I reload the page. I still see the content of a.inc.

I touch the jsp file. No change.
I go to the work directory and rm * (delete all generated class and java
files)
I reload the page. No change.

I look at the generated .java code for my jsp page. It sill includes the
old
a.inc file.

FINALLY I restart tomcat.

Everything back to normal.

Can anyone tell me what was going on ? Does mod_jk somehow cache the jsp
file ?

Thanks
Shahed.