tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Talleyrand" <Talleyr...@wowwowmail.zzn.com>
Subject Tomcat & alternative authentication
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:57:27 GMT
Hello,
I'm sorry if this topic has been covered recently but I just signed
up.  At any rate, I am looking for some help or at least some
documentation on how I supposed to use the security constraint and
authentication and all of that.  In my web app, I had defined a
directory that would hold my secure content and mirrored web.xml in
the /examples directory as a starting point.  I have written a
servlet that works just dandy to query our database and provide
authentication and tracking for an intranet app.  I'm now stuck
trying to glue my module into tomcat and I'm not having a bit of
luck.  Perhaps, ok, perhaps nothing, I _don't_ understand what all is
meant by all the authentication methods given (FORM vs BASIC).  I
liked the functionality and apperant ease of the example secure jsp's
and thought it'd be slick to use that for my app.  Any thoughts,
hints, suggestions, etc. would be most appreciated.

/charles

Tell all your friends about wowwowmail.zzn.com
ZapZone Network brought to you by FortuneCity. http://www.fortunecity.com Get 100 megabytes
of free