tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike Braden <mbra...@utenzi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 Troubles - Bad Major Version Number
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:44:06 GMT
I have TC4b1 running under Solaris 8 on a couple of boxes.

It installed according to the instructions w/o any problems (after finding
out about GNUtar).

I just set:

TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1
export TOMCAT_HOME

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java1.2
export JAVA_HOME

and ran startup.sh

It came up in standalone mode (http://localhost:8080) and I was able to run
the examples OK.

Are you using a 1.2 or later version of java?

# java -version
java version "1.2.1"
Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_04c, native threads, sunwjit)

Thanks,

Mike.
--
Mike Braden
CNE, MCP+I, MCSE, CCNA, Sun Comp 2k Enterprise & E10k

Utenzi
808 Aviation Parkway
Suite 1100
PO Box 13479