tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amjad Ashraf <aash...@irise.com>
Subject RE: Need some help please
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:44:08 GMT
you know what, originally I was compiling the mod_jk binary myself from
tomcat 3.2 src.  But then httpd would give me:
[warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_jk.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI).

So, I changed apxs to pass -DEAPI to all gcc commands.  In other words I
recompiled with EAPI and apache still complained.  I saw a lot of posts
regarding this and no solution (I think apache warns if it was originally
compiled with ssl support and therefore it uses EAPI).  So I got this rpm
off falsehope.com which gives me mod_jk.so compiled with EAPI.  And apache
doesn't complain about it.  So that is why I prefer to use it.  But maybe
you are right and there is somthing wrong with it.  But I am out of options.

If there was only a way to get some freaking log info. when I hit apache for
jsp's so that the logs could tell me why it chose not to use mod_jk, or why
mod_jk failed or something...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Langer [mailto:mailtolanger@gmx.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 6:31 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Need some help please

The only thing that I can assume now is that somehow the binary you are
using isn't working properly. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
You should try compiling mod_jk for your machine. Just get the source file
for tomcat and then follow the mod_jk how to.
It takes a little effort but it should work if you follow the instructions.

I'm really out of ideas and your files look ok.

Maybe somebody else can spot something I haven't since I'm not an apache
expert...

Stefan