tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael G. Anderson" <RIEMANN...@home.com>
Subject Re: Which JVM for Tomcat?
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:52:04 GMT
Point well taken.

"Blackdown", assumedly, was commissioned by Sun to port Java x.y (where x.y is
the java version) over to Linux.
I assume that this meant the JDK and probably more importantly the JSDK. I
believe there were some sort of "issues" between Sun and Blackdown.
If the Tomcat initiative is supported and sponsored by Sun then the "Sun" VM
will probably be a best fit.
I don't know about the relationship  between IBM and Tomcat. If IBM follows the
specs for VM elopement as given by Tomcat then the VM good.

However all applets are downloaded to the client and executed using the
"Client's" VM.

mike anderson