tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <Jason.P...@dssonline.com.au>
Subject Re: Which JVM for Tomcat?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:42:38 GMT
You can use Java 2 with tomcat, because the JVM is running on the server, the
user will not even know about it.

But IBM JDK118 works nicely on linux/redhat 6.2 with tomcat 3.2.x.

I am also using j2jdk1.3 from Sun.  Both work fine.

Cheers
Jason

Richard Diaz wrote:

> I'm getting ready to install a JVM.
>
> Is it OK not to use Java2 with Tomcat (since that requires a 5+ meg download
> by the user) ?
>
> I am also Planning on using Expresso Tools.
>
> Which JVM works best with Apache & Tomcat? Sun? IBM?
>
> thanks
> Rich

Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer - Web Developer
Callista Software Services Pty Ltd
12 Gheringhap St, Geelong Victoria 3220 Australia
Phone: 03 5227 8858 International: +61 3 5227 8858
Fax: 03 5227 8907 International: +61 3 5227 8907
E-mail Jason.Pell@dssonline.com.au
http://www.dssonline.com.au
Customer Support Hotline: 1800 620 497

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.