tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Oldeboershuis, outermedia" <...@outermedia.de>
Subject Re: JNDI and Tomcat
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:40:43 GMT
Bob Mulrenin schrieb:

> I am using JNDI and RMI --
> Has anyone used JNDI with Tomcat?  Both Linux and NT give me difficulty.
>
> JNDI  looks like my problem ... I have the jndi.properties files
> referred to in many classpaths....whether it be automatic under the web
> app classes folder, etc.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

I had a lot of problems with jndi and rmi. My first solution was to put
all classes and properties into
	tomcat/lib/*.jar
	tomcat/classes
BUT this destroys the separation of the different webapps.

If you are using jdk1.2 or higher you can put the following into your
server.xml
----copy--------_
        <RequestInterceptor
                className="org.apache.tomcat.request.Jdk12Interceptor"
                debug="0" />
----paste--------
Now, every thread get the correct web application dependent classloader.
Everything is fine, IF ALL jndi/rmi depending classes are located in the
corresponding application dirs
	WEB-INF/classes
	WEB-INF/lib/*.jar

I hope this helps.
	simon

PS: I do not know if I have given a correct "general" solution or if I
described the problem correctly. But a solution for this problem should
be listed in some FAQ or in a user guide. I invested a lot of time to
find a solution.