tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merwin Yap <merwin....@webphilippines.com.ph>
Subject please help... Tomcat with Apache
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:23:40 GMT
I currently have Tomcat running as standalone... I want to make it run
with Apache. How do i do that?
I have already done the following;

1. placed mod_jk.so in /usr/lib/apache.
2. included statement (include
/home/webapp/jakarta-tomcat/conf/mod_jk2.conf-auto) in the "httpd.conf"
    file in etc/httpd/conf.
    mod_jk2.conf-auto is the same with mod_jk.conf but edited the line
of  LoadModule jk_module
    libexec/mod_jk.so...  to  LoadModule jk_module
/usr/lib/apache/mod_jk.so
3. config my server.xml for contexts, disabled the http connector which
uses port 8080 by commenting it.

It works fine as standalone but I want Apache as my webserver and tomcat

to just process servlets...

I placed html files in /jakarta-tomcat/webapps/trial and servlets in
/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/trial/WEB-INF/classes...

Do I need to edit web.xml file of webapps?

Thanks!