tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <Jason.P...@dssonline.com.au>
Subject Re: Ironical Sun's Servlet API - (multipartrequest)
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:29:27 GMT
Try
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/multipartrequest

It can be used for multipart-form requests for both files and normal form
elements.
Examples are included.

By the way, this class is GPL open source, so no great restrictions on
commercial use.

Cheers
Jason

Deepak C S wrote:

> hi JSP/Java gurus,
>
>         It seems ironical that sun's api doesn't have a method to retrieve
> Multipart-form data ....or am I wrong???
>
>         I want to retrieve from a HTML-form..multipart data...that is
> name,age,particulars etc..along with a Photo(thru file upload).
>
>         For Photo,I need to retrieve file contents and store in a file.
>
>         Earlier,I had developed a similar soln in Perl...in which retrieving
> the FileType(using $f=$query->filname;) directly gives a file pointer(to
> Remote File) which can be used for reading File Content(just like a local
> file) and write to another file.
>
>         Does servlet API have any such methods?? Or atleast IS THERE ANYWAY
> OF DOING THIS--retrieving both File and Form data from Single HTML form??
>
> Can anybody pls throw light on this,
>
> Regards
> Deeps

Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer - Web Developer
Callista Software Services Pty Ltd
12 Gheringhap St, Geelong Victoria 3220 Australia
Phone: 03 5227 8858 International: +61 3 5227 8858
Fax: 03 5227 8907 International: +61 3 5227 8907
E-mail Jason.Pell@dssonline.com.au
http://www.dssonline.com.au
Customer Support Hotline: 1800 620 497

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.