tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: So can no one help with my Socket Write Error Question ?
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:15:48 GMT
"Damian Penney" <dpenney@islco.com> wrote:
> Just in case you missed it the first time :)
>
> Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error in the command prompt window ?
> The page seems to load ok though. I'm running W2K Advanced Server, and
> tomcat 3.2.1
>
> 2000-10-24 01:41:19 - Ctx(  ): IOException in: R(  + /tomcat-power.gif =
> + null) Connection aborted by peer: socket write error
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Damian

I have seen this when using Internet Explorer (IE) and the resource
is cached by IE. It seems like IE closes the connection before reading
the complete response in this case, so Tomcat complains that it
couldn't write the full response. I don't see a way to fix this at
the Tomcat end. It's irritating but nothing bad happens, so just
ignore it.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com