tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "C. Jason Benedict" <jbened...@q4i.com>
Subject Re: Instructions for pre-compiling JSPs
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:21:54 GMT
    One of the guys here at work coded a servlet that was put in the
web.xml. On init it would go out and compile the jsp's for the webapp. I
have not had a chance to look at it myself, but I want to know if this
is even going to change anything? Are the jsp's going to load faster at
first call, or is Tomcat still going to check to see if they where
touched then compile them again if they were?