tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bill Fox <bill...@eversave.com>
Subject Re: Multipart/form-data
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:54:47 GMT
Saikat-

I had a problem with the O'Reilly MultiPartRequest object as well.

My error was an IO exception. It was suggested to me on this list
(by Ed Gomolka) that Ajp13 has some bugs for file uploading, and that
Ajp12 is more stable.

Change your mod_jk config to use the
Ajp12 worker and see if the problem clears.

-Bill

Saikat Chatterjee wrote:

> Hello,
>         I have encountered a problem regarding 'multipart/form-data' encryption
> type in a html FORM.
> I have written a servlet through which an user uploads file. I am expecting
> that the content type coming to the servlet will be of type
> 'multipart/form-data' . To handle this particular type of data i am using the
> MultipartRequest parser provided by Oreilly.
> But everytime i am running the servlet, i am getting a 'Internal Server Error'.
> Why this is so?Is it due to the fact that Tomcat cannot handle the
> 'multipart/form-data'?
>         I am using Apache 1.3.12 as webserver and Tomcat 3.2 as servlet
> container.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Saikat