tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick G. Maggiulli" <...@avaya.com>
Subject META-INF is not extracted from WAR file by tomcat 3.2.1
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:55:04 GMT
Hello!

I've tomcat 3.2.1 running on my nt 4.0 workstation.
No special casing, using it simply "out of the box".
I've created a WAR file using the JAR utility that
comes bundled in Sun's jdk1.1.8 distribution, and
placed it under the TOMCAT_HOME\webapps folder.
When tomcat is invoked (not invoked as a service)
the WAR file contents gets extracted except the
META-INF folder and its contents.  what i read on
the console is the following:

FileNotFoundException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

I do see the remainder of the WAR file correctly
extracted.  Interestingly, if I stop and then start
tomcat again the FileNotFoundException is not reported.

Is this expected behavior?

Any thing that can be shared I'd appreciate it.

thx, pgm...
--
Patrick G. Maggiulli	Avaya Inc.
tel:  732 817 2038	101 Crawfords Corner Road, Room 2C-615A