tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bragg, Casey" <Casey.Br...@allegiancetelecom.com>
Subject Adding new realms : Assigning a name
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:02:30 GMT
In Tomcat 3.2...

How does the auth-method name "JDBCRealm" get associated with the JDBCRealm
class?

Is the list of available realm names derived from the class name (i.e. the
name of any class on the class path that extends BaseInterceptor is a valid
realm name?)

In short, provided I have a class called XYZRealm that extends
BaseInterceptor on my classpath, does anything need to be done to associate
the auth-method name "XYZRealm" with the class XYZRealm?  Is the following
configuration all that is needed?

... in server.xml
        <RequestInterceptor className="mypackage.XYZRealm" />

... in a protected webapp's web.xml (Here is the question...
    <login-config>
    <auth-method>XYZRealm</auth-method>
     <realm-name>Example XYZ-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
     <form-login-config>
         <form-login-page>/jsp/security/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>
         <form-error-page>/jsp/security/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
     </form-login-config>
     </login-config>

Casey Bragg - Software Engineer
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.  Dallas, TX