tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bragg, Casey" <Casey.Br...@allegiancetelecom.com>
Subject Request Interceptor : How to?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 16:38:07 GMT
Hello all :
   I know this has been discussed many times, but I'm still in the dark...

   I'd like to have my custom authentication/authorization/other misc code
executed during processing of each incoming request.  Form Based login is
what I need to use, but I'm unclear how to customize the auth method (i.e. I
already have authentication methods to auth againt database/ file/ LDAP/
Msgic 8 Ball/ etc, but I don't know how to get Tomcat to run it).

   I'd like to have this implementation to be as server independent as
possible.

   Should I use a RequestInterceptor somehow?

...Casey

Casey Bragg - Software Engineer
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.  Dallas, TX
469-259-2702 - casey.bragg@allegiancetelecom.com