tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Weigen Liang <weigenli...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat RPM location on Jakarta.apache.org
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:35:08 GMT
I think that the directory structure of
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/
creates lots of confusion among the site users,
since there is NO obvious way to reach
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/rpms/.

When people try to download tomcat src or build,
they follow the links on http://jakarta.apache.org/,
which only bring them to either src or bin directory.
There is NO obvious link to the rpms directory.

I believe that
1. the rpms directory should be under bin,
instead of at the same level as bin,
2. or the rpms files should be in the bin directory,
not in their own directory.

I guess that's why so many users have been asking
for helping compiling their own mod_jk and mo_jserv!
They do not "see" that these are right under their
noses at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.1/rpms/.

So could someone "fix" this?

Thanks.