tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim McLaughlin <j_e_mclaugh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Accessing the admin tool
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:55:15 GMT
This didn't work. What else can I check to get authentication working?

  C <c_wernet@hotmail.com> wrote:

/conf directory -> tomcat-users.xml :
include a line like
  <user name="admin"  password="foo" roles="tomcat,role1,admin" />

hth

Christian

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim McLaughlin
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 10:31 PM
Subject: Accessing the admin tool

I installed Tomcat 3.2.1 and found the admin.war application. When I load the /admin/index.html
and follow the Context Admin link, Tomcat asks for a username and password. I cannot find
any documentation on this Admin application and how to modify or remove the basic authentication
for it. Does anyone have a suggestion?