tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Labath <ja...@labath.org>
Subject JSP outside tomcat causes 404
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:09:23 GMT
Hi,

I've read the docu.  I'm guessing something but I'm still not sure.
Question:

Tomcat and apache living together with help of mod_jk

I have my web server directory /web/apache/ where i have my html files etc.
I have my tomcat directory /web/tomcat/webapps/*

Now if i place some jsp like this /web/apache/snoop.jsp the server comes
with 404
but the 404 comes from tomcat and not from apache

In the jasper.log I can see tomcat complaining that it cannot find
the /web/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/snoop.jsp

Is it possible to have jsp pages served by tomcat even if they are not
in none of its contexts?

the reason I'm asking this are these two lines I include in jakarta.conf
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

which make me think that if apache encounters lets say /web/apache/snoop.jsp
that it sends it to tomcat
and tomcat then makes some cool magic and runs the jsp

If that is not possible and i want to have my (html jsp gif .etc) files together
in one directory i have to make appropriate context for /web/apache/foo or
tell apache that the foo is in /web/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/foo, right?

Thanks for any help folks.

Maybe I just answered my questions myself, but I'm tired and confused so
I decided myself to scream for help.

Tomcat: 3.2.1
Apache: 1.3.9
JVM: Sun 1.2.2