tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Arendt <jamesare...@yahoo.com>
Subject Working with docBase under Windows 9x
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:34:54 GMT
I installed Tomcat 3.2 under Windows 98 and have been having a hard
time getting my servlet working. I believe I've narrowed the problem
down to setting the docBase. Here's what I've got currently at the
end of server.xml:

<Context path="/myApp"
	docBase="e:\Work\myApp"
	crossContext="false"
	debug="0"
	reloadable="true" >
</Context>

The xml parser blows up on this which I'm guessing must be related to
the slashes. Should I be using escapes? Or is there a more correct
syntax for setting the path? I'm new to XML so that's throwing an
extra kink into getting this up and going.

Just to be sure that I have my directories setup correctly here's the
breakdown for myApp's structure...

E:\Work\myApp
E:\Work\myApp\web-inf
E:\Work\myApp\web-inf\web.xml