tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brent Phillips <b...@lyrastudios.com>
Subject missing package in README file?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 17:46:08 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to build Tomcat on RedHat Linux 7.0 (and have spent the
last few days upgrading and installing prereq software). However, the
Jakarta-servlet-API subproject referenced in the README file does not seem
to exist anywhere:

---README snippet below---
"* Download and install the Servletapi distribution (subproject
"jakarta-servletapi") into a subdirectory
named"$JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-servletapi".  If you have downloaded the source
distribution, you will need to build the executable version by executing
the following commands..."
------

Is there some other place now where I can get this Jakarta-ServletAPI
package? Or perhaps it has been renamed? It appears necessary, because when
I try to build Tomcat, it get all sorts of "javax.servlet.[blah] package
not found".

Thanks for your help

Brent Phillips