tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Alves <andref_al...@yahoo.com>
Subject proxy authentication with domain
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:09:55 GMT
Hi,
I am having problems to make authentication with Microsoft Proxy
server because it requires a domain to authentication.

I wrote the following program of test to try the authentication
because I did not obtain access servlets. I only receive code 407, of
required authentication. I would like know if somebody can help to
decide this problem, mainly when is necessary a domain to carry
through the authentication. Thanks in advance

import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

public class TesteProxyAuth
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
try
{
System.setProperty("http.proxySet", "true");
System.setProperty("http.proxyType", "4");
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "my_proxy_ip");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "my_proxy_port");

URL myURL = new URL("http://www.altavista.com");
HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection)
myURL.openConnection();
String password = "my_domain\\my_user:my_password";
String encodedPassword = URLEncoder.encode( password );
String auth = "Basic " + new sun.misc.BASE64Encoder ().encode
(password.getBytes());
connection.setRequestProperty( "Proxy-Authorization", auth);
connection.connect();
System.out.println("Response Code =
"+connection.getResponseCode());
System.out.println("foi");