tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Salisbury" <salis...@fsl.noaa.gov>
Subject new to tomcat/apache IRIX
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 22:17:36 GMT

Hope someone can clue me in on the basics here?
Yep, I'm a newbie to servlets.

I'm hoping to set up a servlet and jsp enabled Apache server on
IRIX 6.5, but am having some trouble figuring out
what to do.

It seems mod_jserv has been superceded by mod_jk.
Fair enough, but where can I get mod_jk.c?  It's not
in the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 or 3.1.1 distributions as
the docs seem to indicate, nor in any of the apache
distributions.  Also apxs seems to be only in the
Apache 1.3.9 distribution.  Is this the best/only  Apache version
to use?  I take it I'll also have to compile into Apache mod_so
to be able to bring in mod_jk, but I'd sure like to forget
about dynamic linking if I can.  Can it all be compiled into
one big footprint?

Any advice out there on Tomcat/Apache setups
that are not loaded on an NT or Linux box will
be greatly appreciated, even if it's just "don't even try it"!

Thanx for any suggestions or info!

Dave