tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "karanmalhi" <karanma...@glide.net.in>
Subject Re: Very Important and Urgent, please help
Date Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:08:18 GMT
please check if you have put some other older version of servlet.jar in your classpath or in
java_home\jre\lib\ext folder. if yes then remove it and the problem will be solved
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yogesh Bhandarkar
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 7:16 PM
  Subject: Very Important and Urgent, please help

  Hello, All

  I'm Using tomcat 3.2.1 on Redhat Linux 6.2, with apache 1.3.9. Problem here I'm facing is
that, I'm not able to execute JSP files, when I try execute any JSP, it returns following
error.

  Error: 500
  Location: /examples/jsp/include/include.jsp
  Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletException: method getRootCause()Ljava/lang/Throwable;
not found
	at org.apache.tomcat.context.ExceptionHandler.doService(DefaultCMSetter.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
In any example it returns the same error. Please let me know the solution.

Regards

Yogesh Bhandarkar