tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Maes \(BE-day.com\)" <k...@be-day.com>
Subject Re: Original URL=> Apache rewrite ???
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:43:32 GMT
found the answer :
UseCanonicalName Off
in the vhost config

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Koen Maes (BE-day.com)
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 2:02 PM
  Subject: Original URL=> Apache rewrite ???

  Hi,
  I'm working with tomcat-3.1 and apache;
  Under apache Ive got virtual hosts defined and for each virtual host a tomcat context.
  When I do :
                       HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)
  it gives me the server name of the virtual host that is configured for apache;
  But this doesnt correspond to reality when the virtual host is defined as *
  How do I retrieve what the user typed into its browser location ????
  Is this info lost because Apache is not passing it on anymore ????

  Thx,
  Koen