tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Betty Chang <bet...@bettyc.com>
Subject How to handle a user clicking very fast repeatedly on a web page
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:11:05 GMT
Hi --

This is a sort of a strange question.   If a user clicks very fast repeatedly on a web page
on links that go back to tomcat for a new page generated by a servlet,   we can get problems
where suddenly the servlet does not respond.

How do others handle this scenario?      Is it supposed to be okay for a user to do this?
 Does the webserver queue up all these clicks?  Does the browser?

I know that all sounded kind of lame, but I'm not sure I understand what is going on and what
is failing.

Betty