tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Wall" <dw...@myEastside.com>
Subject More than *.jsp going to tomcat?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:52:10 GMT
We have found that when our images directory, to be served by Apache, are
located in the directory where the tomcat application is loaded, a missing
image appears to hang the page rather than showing up as a broken image in
the browser.  The browser shows it's waiting to download the missing image
file, but it doesn't stop.

We have two applications with mount points of /pub and /ssd.  They are both
fed through Apache 1.3.14 on RH Linux 6.2.  We are using Tomcat 3.2.1.  The
mount points are also located in the DocumentRoot for Apache.

The mounts are defined like this:

JkMount /pub/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /pub/servlet/* ajp13

and

JkMount /ssd/*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /ssd/servlet/* ajp13

The missing image might something like /ssd/images/abc.gif.

Apparently, when the image is not found by Apache, it is still sending it
through the ajp13 connector -- even though the mounts should only send *.jsp
or servlets through.

Has anybody seen this before?  Any solutions?  We tried moving the images
out of the /ssd prefix (from /ssd/images to /imagesssd), and it still has
this problem.

David