tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Smith" <sat-g...@home.com>
Subject Re: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:00:30 GMT
RE: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...Michael,

Please post the patch, if you would. Sounds like a very useful piece of code.

Regards,

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Kuz
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 9:51 AM
  Subject: RE: gracefull shutdown/removal of worker from load balance...

  We've got the load balancer working just fine, but had to patch mod_jk in order to allow
for the removal of TC worker from the pool.

  I've added a setting called 'active' for each worker. When active is set to 0, the worker
will not accept new connections, but continue with the existing sessions. (This allows us
to remove the Tomcat box with no loss of users session info...)

  I submitted the patch, but have heard nothing back. If you (or anyone else) is interested
I will post it.

  Michael R. Kuz
  Developer
  Service Intelligence