tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ritchie Young" <ritc...@mirametric.com>
Subject Re: Setting properties outside of the WAR
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 04:09:46 GMT
Thanks for the response but that wasn't quite what I was getting at.

The idea was that there should be some easy way for an administrator to set
a property for the application. It just strikes me that the TOMCAT_OPTIONS
variable is a slightly cumbersome way especially when there start to be a
few more applications.

I thought that the "Context" tag in server.xml wouldn't be a bad place to
incorporate application specific settings such as where the application can
find it's properties file. This would also allow for multiple instance of
the same application to use different configurations but only one WAR file.

Cheers
Ritchie