tomcat-users mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Sommer <webmas...@spiele-datenbank.de>
Subject What is your performance like?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:52:04 GMT
Hi all,

at our company we tried to code some small servlets that
work with a small database. For example:
- connect to a DB2 database
- get about 100 db-entries (select from table)
- show them in a grid
We work with Visual-Age for Java 3.5.
The problems we discovered where:
- unstable workspace (VA for Java)
- unbearable slow database-queries (DB2 on a big AS400)
- most components are to simple to be really usable

What experiences do you have with java code-developement?
Are db-queries so slow as we have seen it?
Are other tools more stable or is VA more stable at your computer?
Are there any components that are better to use for a good
GUI?

I was just curious if there are people having the same problems as we have.

thanx to you
sincerely
Nostromo