tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yogesh Bhandarkar" <yoge...@crystalindia.com>
Subject Very Important and Urgent, please help
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:46:10 GMT
Hello, All

I'm Using tomcat 3.2.1 on Redhat Linux 6.2, with apache 1.3.9. Problem here I'm facing is
that, I'm not able to execute JSP files, when I try execute any JSP, it returns following
error.

Error: 500
Location: /examples/jsp/include/include.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletException: method getRootCause()Ljava/lang/Throwable;
not found
	at org.apache.tomcat.context.ExceptionHandler.doService(DefaultCMSetter.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
In any example it returns the same error. Please let me know the solution.

Regards

Yogesh Bhandarkar