tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt White" <MWh...@madriver.k12.oh.us>
Subject JSP Compile Error
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:37:23 GMT
Hey...

I've run into a really weird error that seems to be a part of Tomcat itself.

Attached are two files, JSPTEST.JSP and JUNK.JAVA. The JSP file is just an example file, this
seems to happen with just about any of them.

Here's what happens. Whenever I attempt to call the JSP file, the Java file isn't produced
correctly. The last line of the Java file is this:

out.write("\r\n<HTML>\r\n<HEAD>\r\n\t<TITLE>JSP Test Page</TITLE>\r\n</HEAD>\r\n<BODY>\r\n\r\n<TABLE
BORDER=\"1\">\r\n\r\n     ");

And it repeats over and over again. The Java file attached is a VERY truncated version...
I let it run for a few minutes and the Java file produced was over 400Mb!

This of course doesn't allow the VJM to quit, since it's working on creating this beast, and
it continues to grow, consuming all of one processor if I allow it to.

Details on the server in question:

- OS: Solaris/x86 8
- JDK: Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunwjit)
- Apache 1.3.14
- Tomcat 3.2
- mod_jk
- The JIT Java compiler is disabled. It will work every now and then if it's turned off, and
never if it's turned on.

Any insight into this problem would be much welcomed, this is really wild and I'm not sure
where to go next.

- Matt