tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt White" <MWh...@madriver.k12.oh.us>
Subject Re: Java VJM won't quit?
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:17:27 GMT
Jeff;

When I set THREADS_FLAG to green I get the following error message:

Warning: Green threads support not available

I will take a look at the profiler to see what I can see... this happens on ALL JSP scripts,
even the examples installed with Tomcat. Servlets work just fine, however.

- Matt

>>> jeff@socialchange.net.au 12/07/00 05:45PM >>>
The following article:

http://java.sun.com/products//jdk/1.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/threads.html

It discusses native and green threads on Solaris, and says:

"In some instances, it may be advisable to use the default green threads.
Native code that is not multithread safe (MT-safe) may not work correctly
with native threads."

AFAIK, the only native code in Tomcat is the mod_jserv/mod_jk stuff, so it
wouldn't explain why using the built-in server does it too.

Anyway, you could try `setenv THREADS_FLAG green`, and then restart Tomcat
*and* Apache, and see if that helps.

This profiling tool may also be of use:
http://java.sun.com/people/billf/heap/

--Jeff