tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matt White" <MWh...@madriver.k12.oh.us>
Subject Java VJM won't quit?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:20:14 GMT
Hello...

I'm attempting to setup Tomcat 3.2 on a Solaris 8/x86 machine. My setup is as follows:

- Solaris 8/x86
- Apache 1.3.14
- mod_jk
- PHP 4.0.3pl1
- mod_dav 1.0.2

java -version reports:

java version "1.2.2"
Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05a, native threads, sunwjit)

With that out of the way, here's my problem.

When I attempt to execute a .JSP page the Java VJM launches (as seen with top), and starts
to run. However, it keep on running, consuming more and more CPU power until it reaches around
50%. (This is a dual processor box.) The VJM will not quit. I've let it go for around three
minutes before I've killed it several times.

I get the exact same result when I use Tomcat via Apache/mod_jk, as well as the built-in HTTP
server in Tomcat. (The HTTP server in Tomcat works, I should add.)

I'm out of ideas for debugging. I see nothing unusual in the logs. Has anyone seen this before?
I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Matt White
Mad River Local Schools