tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shireesh Thanneru <thann...@ece.villanova.edu>
Subject Re: Is their a bug in Tomcat with the RequestDispatcher.forward(url) method?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:05:33 GMT

I used WebLogic 5.1 SP6 for my last project and never experienced such behavior.
Whenever I forwarded to a target url, the target url never appeared in the
browser location box, it was always the previous url that the browser shows,
because that was the url that the browser has actually requested, and it has
absolutely no knowledge of what you are doing on the server-side in this case,
do not confuse RequestDispatcher.forward() with response.sendRedirect().

Shireesh Thanneru