tomcat-users mailing list archives

From faustas.zilins...@firstunion.com
Subject Re: ENC: multipart requests and file uploads problems on the Apache c onnection
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 22:55:45 GMT

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DIGR.O wrote:

> Hi, everybody! Unfortunately, it seems that there is an important
limitation
> when  using Jason's components. The developer cant mix text fields and
file
> setting fields in the form!

In the version I have you can mix them to your heart's content. I got the
latest version from the link on the www.ora.com site. Go here:

http://www.servlets.com/resources/com.oreilly.servlet/index.html

And you can mix them. What it does not do in this form is to hanlde
non-multipart/form-data requests. This can be done easily with a test at
the beginning. I am working on some additions to this code that throw a
special exception when it is not multipart, etc. This let's me use it more
generically. Anyone interested in this let me know and I can send you what
I have. It is a work in progress, and is not a clean as I want it to be
finally. But it works and will meet my deadline. (IDeally, I would
encapsulate the check to see if it is multipart or not and call the
ordinary getParamter routines if it is not multipart and the multi-part
ones if it is multipart.

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
With no walls or fences on the Internet, who needs Windows or Gates?