tomcat-users mailing list archives

From cmanola...@yahoo.com
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.2 - Default web.xml not being read
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:47:46 GMT
> Given that the default web.xml is not being read, how do you enable Jikes as
> the JspCompiler?  That setting used to be in web.xml.  What's the syntax to
> specify it in server.xml, or did we lose this functionality for Tomcat 3.2?
> (If so, could it be put back, or define a syntax in server.xml for it?).

I'll try to write a small interceptor that sets the compiler and other
options for jasper ( probably next week it'll be ready ). ( that will not
require a new release of tomcat - you just install the interceptor in the
classpath and add it to tomcat.jar ).

I think Larry is also working on something - he sent a proposal few days
ago about how to enable debugging ( and pass options to jasper ). It'll
probably be part of a 3.2.x bug-fix release, as it requires some changes
in the existing code.

As a workaround you can use the web.xml in your web application.

Costin