tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Catherine Jung <>
Subject Environment entries?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:58:27 GMT
Hi, one of my servlets needs to open a connection to a database, now, if I
were accessing this database in a normal java program I'd need to have set
an environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to it's native
librarys. How can I do something similar in a servlet?

It doesn't work just with the normal environment entries I would use for a
plain java app, and it doesn't work using the following in my web.xml
file. So can anyone enlighten me as to what I've done wrong/should be

	<description>path to the objy librarys</description>

View raw message