tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Catherine Jung <Catherine.J...@NetcentricSystems.net>
Subject Environment entries?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:58:27 GMT
Hi, one of my servlets needs to open a connection to a database, now, if I
were accessing this database in a normal java program I'd need to have set
an environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to it's native
librarys. How can I do something similar in a servlet?

It doesn't work just with the normal environment entries I would use for a
plain java app, and it doesn't work using the following in my web.xml
file. So can anyone enlighten me as to what I've done wrong/should be
doing?

<env-entry>
	<description>path to the objy librarys</description>
	<env-entry-name>LD_LIBRARY_PATH</env-entry-name>
	<env-entry-value>/opt/share/object5.2.3/solaris7/lib/</env-entry-value>
	<env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
</env-entry>

Thanks,

Catherine