tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hakan zorlu <zo...@CS.ColoState.EDU>
Subject integrating apache with tomcat
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:30:07 GMT
Hi everybody

I made the connection between apache and tomcat using mod_jserv.so. But I
really don't why I really do it. On the documentation it says that by
doing this connection we put less workload to  tomcat, or apache is more
robust as a http server etc..
What I don't understand is how this happens.
let's say when I have a code like in html code such as
<form
action="http://127.0.0.1:8881/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample" method="get" >

<input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit">

I tell my http server to send the message to tomcat. I don't need a
connection or anything.

I think what I  want  to learn  is some examples of some ideas on how this
connection we make in "Tomcat - A Minimalistic User's Guide" is used

thanks very much for any help

iz'an