tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Newton" <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat won't serve JSP's from my web server's root directory
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 04:55:38 GMT
> How do you add a virtual host to the server.xml file?

I added the following, which I don't know is a Right Way to do this,
but for my purposes (testing JSP as a platform) it is working fine.
(I put it immediately after the virtual host example.)

<Host name="127.0.0.1">
    <Context path=""
             docBase="/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
             debug="0"/>
</Host>

Obviously docBase would be wherever your DocumentRoot is in Apache.

> both the apache .conf file and the server.xml file were mirror images.
> That can't be right, can it?

I'm not sure which apache .conf you're referring to, but that sounds
really bad, 'cuz apache doesn't have XML config files.

Dave

--
Dave Newton, dave@solaraccess.com