tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Newton" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat won't serve JSP's from my web server's root directory
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 04:55:38 GMT
> How do you add a virtual host to the server.xml file?

I added the following, which I don't know is a Right Way to do this,
but for my purposes (testing JSP as a platform) it is working fine.
(I put it immediately after the virtual host example.)

<Host name="">
    <Context path=""

Obviously docBase would be wherever your DocumentRoot is in Apache.

> both the apache .conf file and the server.xml file were mirror images.
> That can't be right, can it?

I'm not sure which apache .conf you're referring to, but that sounds
really bad, 'cuz apache doesn't have XML config files.

Dave Newton,

View raw message