tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Newton" <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject RE: Is this a user or development question.
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:39:37 GMT
> I am updating a mysql database through a form, and populating a mysql
> database. Right now I am inserting NULL values.  I have a feeling this
> is a development question

tomcat-dev is for developers of Tomcat, not of Tomcat applications.

I'm not even sure if this is a user question, since it's really more
along the lines of a JSP question.

In any case, you're not inserting anything resembling the values contained
in your page variables into the database. There's a big difference between:

"insert into info values (idnum, fname, ...)"

and

"insert into info values ('" + idnum + "', '" + fname + "', '" ...)"

Dave