tomcat-users mailing list archives

From horn_...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: Multiple GETs on an SSLSocket
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:53:01 GMT

Have you tried this on a non-SSL connection?
A general problem with the IO in java (afaik) is that, if you read from the
stream, such that you get a -1 returned, then the stream is effectively
closed. You have to reconnect (I haven't tried SSL on this, but a plain
socket works like this). If you can control the sending response, ensure
either the content-length is specified or the stream is chunked so that you
can know when to stop reading -- avoiding getting a -1. YOu can then reuse
the socket, without reconnecting.

Ken

michael.cohen@etl.ericsson.se on 08/12/2000 06:25:10

Please respond to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org