tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tyrone Showers" <jammedp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Additional Context
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:12:44 GMT
I have successfully installed tomcat as an out-ot-process server.  I can view the examples
directory and execute the examples.

My problem is in adding additional context.

I have followed the instrunctions below.

1. Adding the context to Tomcat (I am not going to talk about this).
(I added the following to the Server.xml file -
<Context path="/tds"
docBase="webapps/tds"
crossContext="false"
debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>
)
And added a directory under the webapps called tds with one file in it called index.html

2. Adding the context to the ISAPI redirector.
Adding a context to the ISAPI redirector is simple, all you need to do is to edit your uriworkermap.properties
and to add a line that looks like:
/context/*=worker_name
Workers and their name are defined in workers.properties, by default workers.properties comes
with a single pre-configured worker named "ajp12" so you can use it. As an example, if you
want to add a context named "shop", the line that you should add to uriworkermap.properties
will be:
/shop/*=ajp12
(I added the following to the uriworkermap.properties file -
/tds/*=ajp12
)
After saving uriworkermap.properties restart IIS and it will serve the new context.
(Did this and the new context was not serverd)
As a new feature in Tomcat 3.2, a uriworkermap.properties-auto is automatically written each
time Tomcat is started. This file includes settings for each of the contexts that Tomcat will
serve during its run. Each context has settings to have Tomcat handle servlet and JSP requests,
but by default static content is left to be served by IIS. Each context also has a commented
out setting to have Tomcat handle all requests to the context. You can rename this file (so
it won't be overwritten the next time Tomcat is started) and uncomment this setting or make
other customizations. You may also use this file as is in your worker_mount_file setting.
(I also changed the uriworkermap.properties-auto file to serve up all pages

# Auto configuration for the /tds context starts.
#
# The following line mounts all JSP file and the /servlet/ uri to tomcat
#
/tds/servlet/*=$(default.worker)
/tds/*.jsp=$(default.worker)
#
# If you want tomcat to serve all the resources (including static) that
# are part of the /tds context, uncomment the following line
#
/tds/*=$(default.worker)
I can't get my browser to display the index.html page.  I get a 404.  What am I missing?

Tyrone Showers
Email: mailto:tshowers@bellsouth.net
Email: mailto:jammedpack@hotmail.com
Phone: 305.278.2017<br clear=all><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer