tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Winifred Sanchez" <wasanc...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: 3.2 + IIS: still having problems
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:57:44 GMT
 are you trying to setup tomcat to serve only jsp pages or all pages in a context (including
html)? if you're serving all pages, try opening a page by giving the complete url. if you
still get a 404 message, it means that you haven't set-up tomcat to communicate with IIS properly.
try checking the registry keys.

if you're setting up tomcat to serve only the jsp pages and IIS to serve the html pages in
the context, you need to add a virtual directory to IIS. Use the context name as the virtual
directory name and it should point to where the context is located. You can use the IIS Console
Manager to do this. Stop and Stop IIS and see if it works.

Hope this helps.