tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Affan Alim" <affana...@freezone.co.uk>
Subject RE: servelet problem
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:12:18 GMT
Thankyou very much for you reply. I am running Apache on Linux Redhat 6.2 so
could you please guide me how to set this up on linux.
Please send me again directory structure if you know.

Thanks and regards

"Affan"

-----Original Message-----
From: Subha Gowri K V [mailto:subha@indts.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 12:33 PM
To: affanalim@freezone.co.uk
Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: servelet problem

Hi,
We are assuming that you want to use tomcat to execute jsp and servlets.

1. Edit your server.xml file.
2. Add a new context like this:
      <Context path="/myproj" docBase="c:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache\htdocs\myproj" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
3. Create a folder structure like
	c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\myproj
4. Edit Tomcat.conf. Add these lines
	Alias /myproj "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\apache\htdocs\myproj"
	ApJservMount /myproj/servlet /root
	 <Location /myproj/WEB-INF/ >
      	AllowOverride None
	      deny from all
	 </Location>
5. In your apache's httpd.conf, include this line
	Include "C:\Tomcat\Tomcat\conf\Tomcat.conf" - or wherever your tomcat is
installed.
6. Under htdocs\myproj, create a folder web-inf\classes. Put all your class
files here.
7. Put all your jsp pages under htdocs\myproj.
8. You can now access your servlet as:
	http://localhost/myproj/servlet/SimpleServlet

We got this solution from this mailing list too!!
Regards,
Subha