tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alistair Hopkins" <>
Subject RE: unable to run apache after configuring
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:04:22 GMT
try using all backslashes in the path to the .conf file
apache is sensitive to OS specifics

-----Original Message-----
From: boppana VENKE []
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 10:39 AM
Subject: unable to run apache after configuring

Hi all,

       I am facing a problem in using the apache
on WinNT..

I installed and configured Apache and Tomcat according
to the PROJSP BOOK Appendix A.

but when i enter the line
Include "C:\Program Files/Apache

in httpd.conf file..

and then running the apache server from the startup

i am experiencing an error stating that:

Syntax error in c:/program files/apache

Alias take two arguments , a fakename and a realname..

and its exiting..

Please help me what i should do..
ur help is very much needed as early as possible..

Tell me how can i run the applications given in the
projsp book..

Thanks in advance

Do You Yahoo!?