tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Le" <a...@echobuzz.com>
Subject Tomcat and SSL and Palm Problem
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:32:17 GMT
Hi all,

Has anyone had luck implementing a real CA signed certificate with Tomcat?

I have been able to:
	- install JSSE 1.0.2 into Tomcat v3.2.1 Release
	- create my own self signed key pairs using keytool
	- create the CSR and sent it to VeriSign
	- import the Trial certificate from VeriSign

Tomcat runs and listens on the proper ports (80, 443, and 8007)

However, when my browser hits the SSL port, I get an error stating that the
Certificate Authority is Invalid or Incorrect.  A litle research into this
revealed that the cause is that hostname on the server doesn't match the
Common Name in the Certificate.  I have not found an option to set the host
name in Tomcat, except through Virtual Hosts; even then that didn't work.

DNS and the CommonName on the Certificate are the same.  The browser is a
only Mozzila 2.0 compliant (palm os browser).  Desktop browsers have no
problem visiting the HTTPS site... only the palm os browser does.

Is there an option to set the ServerName like there is in Apache? Or does
anyone see what I am missing here?

Thanks In Advance.

Adam