tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <dr...@ebetinc.com>
Subject RE: Running JSP's w/ Apache and Tomcat
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:01:02 GMT
What you want to do is to override the root context.  Put this in your
server.xml file:

<Context path=""
         docBase="/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
         debug="0"
         reloadable="true">
</Context>

Now, you'll also have to create a WEB-INF and it's corresponding
subdirectories (lib, classes, ets) under /usr/local/apache/htdocs, as well
as add a section to your Apache httpd.conf file to disallow access to that
directory like this:

<Location "/WEB-INF">
	AllowOverride None
      Order deny,allow
      deny from all
</Location>

Then you should be set to go!

Coming from JServ/GnuJSP, this took a while to figure out myself.

-Dave