tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Peregrim" <david_pereg...@hotmail.com>
Subject very basic web server hosting question
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
This is my first post to this list.  I hope this is somewhere in the
ballpark of acceptable behavior.

I downloaded tomcat and I am successfully running the tomcat web server.  I
wrote java servlets and java server pages and created a web site that I wish
to host from my computer.  The application is fully tested with my computer
running as both the client and server.  I want  to expose my computer to the
internet.  What is the next step to get web browser from another client to
reach my web server?  Do I need some kind of ip address?  How does one get
an ip address?

thanks,
dave peregrim