tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "H Deng" <deng_h1...@hotmail.com>
Subject database connection problem when run nt service
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:09:46 GMT
Hi everyone, I installed apache 1.3.4 and tomcat 3.2.1 on windows NT4.0
/windows 2000 and tried to set up tomcat to run NT service. I used
mod_jk.dll to test a simple java code to connect to a database and it
worked fine. However, when I tried to use jk_nt_service.exe, other part
of the the java program can run but the connection to the database can't
be establised. The following code gives a SQLException:

dbCon =3D DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:book");

but the same code worked fine with mod_jk.dll.

I tried to put rt.jar (which contains DriverManager.class) in the
classpath in wrapper.properties:

wrapper.class_path=3D$(wrapper.java_home)\jre\lib\rt.jar

but it did not help.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.