tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mick Sullivan" <mick...@hotmail.com>
Subject SIMPLE SIMPLE QUESTION ON RUNNING TOMCAT
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:21:30 GMT
Hi I need help to run tomcat
I have create a simple HTML website with Javascript for validation.
I have downloaded tomcat and tried running the "startup.bat" file.
In the Dos window a message as follows appears.

Out of Environment space
Out of Environment space
Out of Environment space
Out of Environment space
Using classpath: ..\classes;..\lib\xml.jar

Then a seperate window pops up with 3 folders,
(1)Classes (2)Packages and (3)Trustlib.

Is Tomcat now running?
Where do I place my HTML files?
Ive tried placing them in \webapps folder and then typing in the laocation
of the index.html file to the address bar of the browser, but it says
"The page cannot be displayed"
Someone please please help coz my head is wrecked.
A big thanks in Advance.